Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Dawn foam soap is awesome!


I hate to sound like an ad, but Dawn is awesome! I bought the foaming kind the other day, afraid that it would be watered down crap, but no! It's great. You barely need a half a pump to clean. I think it even works better than the regular Dawn.  I was afraid that it would either be too watered down or that a bottle would be used up quickly.  But that was far from the case.  With a half a squirt, I also needed very little water to clean.  And a little squirt goes a very, very long way.  I think that I will be buying the concentrated Dawn Platinum foaming soap from now on.  This is the same inquisitive excitement that I felt when I discovered Fabreze!

If you are a college student, a van lifer, or just plain frugal like me, you are getting a lot of bang for your buck. 

I did a search for biodegradable soap, and Dawn came up.  I was surprised.  It also contains no phosphates. 



Then, I found this article:

I remember as a kid using soap to make bubbles, but I didn’t realize everything else.
We’ve all seen the Dawn commercials where the ducks and other animals were cleaned from oil spills and other disasters with a bath in Dawn.  If you’ve ever been in animal rescue, Dawn is almost always used to wash the animals once they are rescued.  It is a flea killer!  Of course, when you wash an animal, begin with their butts.  I know that sounds weird, but fleas will crawl into the anus to escape the wash.  You have to block their exit to safety. 

It’s great for washing your own hair, too.  It can get out greasy messes or cleanse hair product build-up.  And it’s safe on human and animal skin. 

Sometimes when you have houseplants, they can attract gnats and other pests.  Put a drop or two of Dawn in a spray bottle filled with water.  Shake it up to mix it and mist your plants with the soapy water.  It won’t hurt the plants, and it will get rid of the bugs.  Sometimes, gnats will gather around sinks.  Put out a small dish filled with apple cider vinegar and a few drops of Dawn.  Mix it up with your finger.  Gnats will drown themselves in it.  Dawn also repels ants, aphids, and many other insects.

Dawn can clean oil spots on your driveway or in your garage.  Use it to pre-treat oily stains on your laundry.  It’s great for any oil stain situations that you may have. 

The article even claims that Dawn can unclog drains!  Is there anything that it can’t do?! 
The irony of Dawn doing such a good job of cleaning oil as that it is made of a small percentage of petroleum.  While that may turn some off of the product, it doesn’t me.  Who hasn’t used Vaseline, chewing gum, lip stick, shampoo, ball point pens, candles, or aspirin (just to name a few)?  Oh, yeah, and your solar panels may very well contain petroleum.  While there are “greener” products out there, they cannot compare to Dawn.  They have been helping save wildlife for over 40 years.  They have donated thousands of bottles to wildlife rescue workers. 

Now, if we could just get Proctor & Gamble to stop testing their other products on animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment